Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Words Right Out of My Mouth: Netflix Introduces Unlimited Streaming Movies

An article on Ars Technica caught my eye at work this morning - it turns out Netflix has stepped up and is doing (almost) exactly what I said needs to be done in my post from 2 days ago and are the first one to allow unlimited movies for one low monthly fee!

Okay okay . . so they offer unlimited movie streaming and I said they (or someone) should offer unlimited movie downloads, but it's a step in the right direction.

The only downside here is that for some reason you have to buy this little box, which is $99.



But hey, they throw in this little remote for free so you can emulate the experience of watching a movie on your TV, but on your computer.




Check out the article for the full story and then bookmark Ars Technica because they are always bursting with cool tech news like this. I only understand about 50% of it, but what I do understand always enlightens me.

arstechnica.com - Finally living up to its name, Netflix today introduced the Netflix Player by Roku, a small piece of hardware that can play any Netflix titles available for Internet streaming. With a cheap price and Netflix's signature subscription model, the Netflix Player brings a new set of rules to the video distribution table.

read more | digg story

0 comments: