Monday, May 19, 2008

Russia beats Canada, wins 2008 World Hockey Championship . . .

I missed this game because I was at my girlfriend's grandma's house for a Sunday picnic. Typical of a Grandma, she only has up to channel 28! I was disappointed at first but now I am glad I missed it because it would have sucked to see Canada lose on account of such a dumb penalty.

Later on HNIC, (which is on channel 6, so I got to watch it) Don Cherry called the guy at the NHL who invented this rule an "idiot" and I couldn't agree more. He's right; it should just be a faceoff in your own end and not be able to change lines, like an icing.

The one good thing that came out of this is that I found a cool blog called The Faceoff Circle, which looks like a pretty good spot for hockey news and comments. I added it to my blogroll.

Here`s a video of Kovalchuck scoring the winning goal for all you sadists and Russians out there.

0 comments: